Apple Pumpkin Dog Treats
Festive Fall Treats
Did someone say pumpkin spice? Oh yeah, it's definitely that time of year again...PSL Season! Before you know it pumpkin spice lattes will be left and right, pumpkins will appear, and the holiday season will be in full swing. Let your dog join in on the seasonal fun with this tasty DIY dog treat recipe.
- 4 - 4.5 cups oatmeal, plus additional
- 1 medium apple
- 1 egg
- 1 CUP canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grind the oatmeal down in a food processor or blender. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Core apple, being sure to remove all of the seeds. Grate apple, and add to bowl with oatmeal.
- Add egg and canned pumpkin to bowl and mix well to combine. The mixture will be thick and slightly sticky.
- On a surface dusted with oatmeal (ground or not, your choice) roll the dough out to approximately 1/2" thick. Use a doggy bone cookie cutter to cut dough into shapes, and transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Allow to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe originally from Three Little Ferns