Did somebody say pie? Pumpkin pie is a fan favorite during the fall months. Of course it's served throughout the Autumn months, and is the start of Thanksgiving Dinner; however, you can let your pup enjoy this fun easy homemade treat by making a dog-friendly version yourself! Check out the recipe below.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Dog Treats
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling! Plain, pumpkin only.)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly spray or grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin.
- Combine peanut butter, whole wheat flour, water and egg in a medium bowl, stir well to combine.
- Divide dough evenly into mini muffin cups, press into bottom and up sides.
- Spread pumpkin puree evenly over crusts.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before placing in an airtight container. Then, you can refrigerate for a week or freeze for up to three months.
- Now just look at this pumpkin pup-tasticness!
*Pumpkin Pie Recipe & Photos Courtesy of Crayons and Collars