A St. Patrick's Day Treat to Treat Your Pup!
With St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaching, we wanted to be sure to share our favorite St. Patrick’s Day Pup Recipe with you! Shamrock Biscuits will have your pup begging for more and with the added mint, it will even double as a breath freshener.
What You’ll Need:
2 ½ cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1 ½ Cups of Spinach Leaves
½ Cup of Mint Leaves
½ Cups of Peanut Butter (No sugar is best)
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Spirulina
Shamrock Cookie Cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine eggs, spinach, and mint leaves. Pulse until combined.
- Add peanut butter and Spirulina to the egg mixture. Pulse until combined and dark green.
- Slowly mix in the flour – if needed you can add a teaspoon of water at a time to help the mixture.
- Knead the dough until it forms into a ball.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Use a shamrock cookie cutter to cut the dough.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving a of room for them to expand.
- Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cookies are puffy and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy the smile on your pup’s face when they enjoy their fresh new treat!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀
Original recipe from Habits of a Modern Hippie blog.