Winter Coconut Cranberry Dog Treats
- ½ cup dried, shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or coconut oil
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup of peanut or almond butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bran
- ½ cup water (as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- If needed, cut cranberries into small pieces (depending on size of cranberries and the size of the dog).
- Add flour, bran, cinnamon, shredded coconut and cranberries into large bowl and mix well.
- Add peanut or almond butter, egg and vegetable/coconut oil to dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Slowly add water into the mix until a stiff dough forms. Add more water if necessary.
- Flour countertop and roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Use winter shapes to cut out festive cookies, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out of oven and let cool on cooling racks for 3 to 4 hours. Store in air tight bags or containers fridge or freezer.
(Makes 24 dog cookies total)
Recipe courtesy of PetGuide.com