Looking for an easy homemade recipe to make for your dog this week? Try these tasty homemade frozen dog treats! See below for the recipe.
FROZEN SUMMER DOG TREATS
- 1 banana
- 32 oz. plain yogurt, Greek or regular, unsweetened*
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter*
- Your favorite dog biscuits
*We used Greek yogurt so the mixture was thicker and the mini dog biscuit would stand up as a handle >> *make sure your peanut butter does not contain Xylitol, a natural sugar alcohol sweetener which is harmful to dogs
- Place all your ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree them.
- Place in your containers and allow them to freeze solid. (Up to 2 hours)
- When ready to serve, pop them out of your trays or peel the paper off your cups. The dog biscuit makes a convenient and tasty handle to pull the frozen treats out of the trays.
- These frozen treats are messy so you’ll want to give them to your dogs outdoors or where it’s easy to clean up!
*TIP: You can make these frozen treats in ice cubes trays for smaller size treats, but you can customize them for the size of your dog. Freeze your treats in a muffin pan, small paper cups, or plastic containers.