Homemade Pumpkin Cookies
You know what's scary? We're officially 1 week away from Halloween (!) No matter what your festive activities may consist throughout the week & weekend, be sure to make some spooky treats to share with your dog. This recipe is easy to make and has so many health benefits for your dog.
PUMPKIN DOG COOKIES
These yummy dog-friendly treats are gluten-free, grain-free, and vegan. Perfect dog cookie to bake throughout the fall season. Beware: they will smell so good, you may want to try a few for yourself! Recipe makes about 25 cookies total.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 flax egg 1T ground flax seed + 3T water
- ¼ cup Blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chickpea flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside to gel for 10 minutes while you get the remaining ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax egg, molasses, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, water, and cinnamon until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together until a soft dough forms.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, place balls onto the cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hard like a biscuit, but not burnt.*
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe Note: If the cookies are starting to brown too much, turn the oven temperature off and leave the cookies in the oven to continue cooking at a lower temperature and check on them frequently. If they are on their way to burning, take them out of the oven, but leave on the cookie sheet to continue cooking a bit longer.
Recipe courtesy of longhaultrekkers.com