Pet Costume Ideas
Halloween is only 23 days away! Can't decide what your pet should be for the spooky holiday? We can help!
PET COSTUME IDEAS
- BOO! The Classic Ghost (all you need is an old sheet! very cost-effective)
- Terrifying Tarantula - a costume so good it will be sure to scare your friends
- A Scary Good Martini
- Your Very Own Beanie Baby | The best part? DIY the costume yourself!
- Count Dracula
- Chi-Chi-Chi-Chia Pet! Find the tutorial here.
- Rock Lobster
- A Loyal Lion - check it out now.
- Hot Dog
While there are so many cute costume ideas out there, it's important to keep these safety tips in mind when choosing your pet's costume this Halloween.
- When choosing a costume, make sure your pet is comfortable in it. Be sure that nothing is pinching his fur or is too tight. Make sure your pet can comfortably move around, go to the bathroom, and that he can see! Obstructing his vision is dangerous especially on an eventful night such as Halloween.
- If you want to give your dog Halloween treats, make sure they are SAFE to give him! Chocolate and candy can be toxic to pets, so keep the candy bowl out of reach. If you're worried your dog may have eaten a piece of candy or chocolate, call your vet immediately. Remember that Nature's Select pet food makes for a delicious treat too!
- If your family carves pumpkins and uses real candles, make sure your pet stays at a safe distance. Curious pets can accidentally knock it over and cause a fire. You can opt for an alternative to candles and use the flameless candles seen here.
- Some pets are afraid of strangers and can become stressed from the constant ringing of the doorbell from trick-or-treaters. Keep your pets in another room away from the door so they cannot dart outside due to fear.
- Lastly, if you plan on taking your pet with you while trick-or-treating, make sure you keep your dog on a leash with proper identification tags ensuring a safe Halloween holiday.
TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS!
Whether you plan on making your pet's Halloween costume or buying it from a costume shop, be sure to tag us on Instagram! We can't wait to see all your S P O O K Y photos. Tag #NaturesSelectHalloween and @naturesselectpetfood for a chance to be featured.