Thanksgiving Dog Treats
Thanksgiving Dog Biscuits
Looking for a festive Thanksgiving Day treat that you can give to your dogs? Try your hand at this easy DIY recipe that your dog is sure to enjoy! Read below for the recipe, we promise it will be a "tasty" turkey-day treat. Gobble Gobble!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 carrots, medium-sized
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium-sized
- 1 cup rice flour plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup oats quick oats
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2 eggs well-beaten
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1 Tbs parsley chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet brown turkey with 2 Tbs canola oil until cooked through. Drain turkey to remove excess oil and set aside to cool.
- Trim ends off of carrots, cut into thirds and place in a bowl, cover with water and microwave for 4 minutes on high; remove from water and set aside. When cooled, cut carrots into a fine dice; little less than a 1/4" in size.
- Prick both sweet potatoes with a fork, about 5-6 times each. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes or until soft all the way through. When cooled, remove skins and mash until there are no lumps.
- To a small mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients: rice flour, oats, garlic powder, cinnamon and ginger, mix well.
- Next, to a medium mixing bowl add in the sweet potato, honey and egg - mix well to incorporate everything evenly, then add in the turkey, carrots, cranberries and parsley and stir to combine.
- Lastly, add in the dry ingredients to the wet; using your hands mix everything well and form mixture into a ball and place on a rice flour dusted surface.
- Roll out with a rolling pin to about a 1/4" thickness (not any thinner than that!)
- Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for about 25 minutes or until the edges start to become a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- ENJOY! :)